Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Days

I do official work for the only ones that matter;
they're up there somewhere
dunno where regardless and

I NEVER STRAY
but that's self-employment for you.

Meanwhile

You're somewhere, running scared
from something, I don't think
you know what it is --
if you do
it's unutterable

We're all too serious for our own good
serious in the wrong way, obsessing
over archaic structures and the past, our past lives our lives are passing stop WAIT!

I think that Kant could tell me what to do:
he can't. Nobody
always gets what they want, NOBODY
ever knows what's coming next or what will follow in 100 years
or even what came before them even if
we read read read
compulsively eat
up text, study, wonder, FANTASIZE THEORETICALLY WE WILL NEVER KNOW THE KEY TO OUR OWN HAPPINESS BECAUSE ONCE WE ANSWER THAT QUESTION THEN WE MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD. THAT IS THE END! ULTIMATE HAPPINESS!
IT CAN NEVER BE FOUND ON THIS EARTH
(only for a moment, maybe?)
(please)
(just let me taste it)

- - -

People always want things
but never what they actually need

can we predict our own need?
or is it like everything
else.

No comments: