Thursday, March 6, 2014

my upcoming book!!!!!

I'm extremely excited to announce that I am working on a book and hope to publish it soon!!! Here's the cover (click to enlarge, it looks better that way).


"Everyone I've Loved" is about embracing queerness, questioning heteromonogamy, and knowing the boundaries and limits of loves that transform. It began one important, clear-skied night on a swing set in Portland, Oregon. I put on my headphones and, after a few quiet swings to ambient tunes, put on Red by Taylor Swift. I soon found myself flying through the dark air and SCREAMING along to the album. I knew all the words without realizing it. I totally fucking loved it. And for the first time, I noticed that each song corresponded deeply to someone I have loved. I spent an hour swinging, shout-singing, and shuffling through the songs, trying to figure out which love corresponded to which song. It was amazing to me to have tangible way to see who I had cared for and held in my life, and how. I suddenly saw a clear roster of people who had played defining roles in my life, and who I continue to care for. It felt incredible to realize how important these people are. It was so powerful to view these defined, contiguous relationships as continually evolving forces in my life rather than failed romances. It was the most surrounded and held I had ever felt while alone.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Read the rest (and look at all the pictures) when it comes out!!! 

No comments: