Monday, July 11, 2011

tongues

I am filled with purpling desire
that expands like a bloom
of vermillion ink in a clear bowl of water
sublimating the fullness of experience
into my light body,
seasoning it with the gravity of helplessness.

I am full of sex as Medusa
is of snakeskin.
The vermillion tongues of serpents
are what comprise the ink of lust
and the lucent water of my guts
roils as it is rippled through, vainly trying to keep time
with the flickering hypnotism of snake handling.

In excreta, in another world I draw the line of life
from the blood of these red tongues in me
and use its languid flux
to connect create the constellation of eggs
that will someday become my daughters and sons.

In lust I become a constellation of ashes
in the dust of ashes, the constellation of mercy
drawn onwards towards benediction
and the sinewy noose of God,
the circle in red blood,
the ova and the love.

In hunger I touch you gently
for stalking is the province of the silent
and only in the limblessness of snaky desire
can I hush.

No comments: