Monday, February 18, 2008

for sarah


In the dream
I got a bluebird
and
I can see myself in your eyes
tinkling, words are flowing out
as tablas gambol
cymbals meandering
to flute twitter
so I wonder where you go with your broken heart
nodding along to whispering guitars
falling
to their deaths

mouth:
take my hand, I changed
my mind again so sing me
to sleep

I say
"This one's called Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down."
but you wonder, say
"You sure about that?" to my reply:

I found a road and off I sped
thinking last night it was so good,
learning to say the same thing.
This is not a love song
a lazy confession
distorted droning --
since I met you
inhaling crushed bones just to
stand up, I said
you've got to manage brothers
and sisters, barking dogs

oh my, naked eyes

this is why events unnerve me.
Girl I am afraid, where do his intentions lay?
Because your wine,
it
tastes
too sweet
but it's a motherfucker being here without you,,,


If you walk away I'll
walk away at the music heist

do you want to be free?
(because)
You're just the girl of my dreams
who knows alone the reasons
why you choose to be with me.

I know you're antiseptic

but...

Reality's a dream
how can we make you understand?

No comments: